Hi friends – Kory here, your friendly Contemporary Worship guy… As most of you know, for the past few years, I’ve been loosely maintaining our church website. There’s no beating around the bush required here (lest we scare up some angry boars!): We need someone(s) else to take on the responsibility of keeping the website current (and moving it forward, taking it to the next level, making it happen)!
Maintaining the website, for me, has consisted of several distinct roles, which is why I think a team is the best strategy here. Here are some of the things that this team could do:
- Update Campbell UMC’s Front Page weekly
- Upload the Newsletter and update the Newsletter Page weekly
- Convert, catalog, upload and update the recorded Sermon weekly, and periodically do likewise with recorded Worship Music
- Design special graphics and web pages for specific sermon topics, church special events, liturgical seasons, etc.
- Regularly communicate with staff and team leaders to get updated content for the website’s pages (kids, music, youth, etc)
- Watch for problems, out of date information, etc.
- Help staff with any issues related to posting content on the website or the News Feed
We also need people who are ready to enhance the website with new technologies, social media, video, graphics…. whatever helps express who we are! For instance, we need someone who will work hard to get our CHURCH PHOTO ALBUMS back online, probably using a friendly platform like Flickr or Picasa! Is this you?!
Personally, I think people who are interested in doing this probably should have an intermediate comfort level with computers and email, and should have a basic understanding of how websites work! But, that being said, anyone can do this with a little help and training, which I’m more than willing to provide!
Not sure if this is your thing? Other great skills to bring to the table might be
- any sort of artistic or graphic design abilities
- familiarity with web coding languages (we’ve use HTML with CSS / some java and special scripting)
- social networking know-how
- experience with CD > MP3 music encoding and decoding
- a grasp on PDFs, ZIPs, and other compressed file formats
- an understanding of uploading and downloading via FTP
- any knowledge of WordPress or other blogging platforms
Friends, Campbell’s web presence is as important today as the presence of our building… it is a place people come to learn about Campbell, to connect with our church family, to pray, to get involved, and to be there when we can’t physically be there. So, this is a great way to get involved in ministry at Campbell!
Interested? I would also like to tentatively plan a team interest meeting for THURSDAY, MARCH 11th at 7pm at the church! If you are planning on attending, or if you can’t attend but want to – please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Kory Wilcox, Contemporary Worship Leader