Campbell in Prayer continues tonight at 7pm! The sanctuary will be open for you to come and go as you are able. If you are unable to make it tonight, please take a few moments this evening to join with us in prayer wherever you are.
Below is our focus prayer for this week, as well as the list of prayer concerns, both for those in our community and for the world.
Prayer Focus: Reconciliation
Reconciliation, by Josefina de Vasconcellos, 1977
“But the end is reconciliation; the end is redemption; the end is the creation of the beloved community. It is this type of spirit and this type of love that can transform opposers into friends. It is this type of understanding goodwill that will transform the deep gloom of the old age into the exuberant gladness of the new age. It is this love which will bring about miracles in the hearts of men.”
Martin Luther King, Jr. “Facing the Challenge of a New Age,” 1956
Campbell Prayer Concerns: These are a few of the prayer concerns we are aware of within the Campbell UMC community. Please feel free to pray for these concerns as well as anything else that is on your heart.
Family of Peggy Brennan
Charles Dunn, Sr.
Rev. Joe Lightner
Jack & Cara Lyons
Cecil & Ruthie Wyett
World Prayer Concerns: These are a few things going on in world news this week. Please feel free to pray for these concerns as well as any other events going on in our world and community.
- The missing schoolgirls and the others who have been abducted in Nigeria
- Continued fighting and unrest in Iraq
- Relations between Ukraine and Russia
- Guidance for the world’s leadership through the many active conflicts
- Guidance for our nation’s leadership as they navigate immigration issues
- Safety for our community throughout festivities this week